Since 1917, integrity, honesty, loyalty and pride have been the traditional values that drive us. We continue to be a family business that promotes personal balance and professional growth through a diverse and ethical work place.
What is the position, duties and responsibilities?
The Gorman Group is a road construction/materials company. We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to work in our shops located in Albany and Amsterdam, NY. The Technician performs the maintenance, servicing, troubleshooting, repairing and rebuilding of a variety of gasoline and diesel powered (on and off road) equipment.
- High school diploma.
- Five years direct experience as a diesel or heavy-duty equipment mechanic.
- The ability to interpret maintenance manuals, wiring diagrams and other documents and to safely operate all company equipment, both on-road and off-road.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Willingness to initiate and embrace change.
- The ability to operate shop machinery such as drill press, rolls, shears, burning tables, welding and cutting equipment, and forklifts, etc.
If you meet the minimum requirements listed above and are interested in pursuing an opportunity please submit the application below.