Cold Mix Paving
A mixture of aggregates and emulsion, blended and placed in one continuous operation using a mix paver or pugmill blended on site then placed in a conventional paver.
- Ideal when a flexible pavement is needed for substandard sub-bases.
- To be used as an economical option for a shim paving course prior to a wearing course.
- For older roads that need rebuilding from the sub-base up.
- Crack and rut resistant.
- Strength is comparable to hot mix asphalt.
- Durability and flexibility exceed that of conventional hot mix asphalt.